Cuso International is recruiting International Youth Internship Program (IYIP) interns
The International Youth Internship Program (IYIP) is a component of an employment program for Canadian graduates (ages 19 to 30 inclusive), which is part of the Career Focus stream of the Government of Canada’s Youth Employment Strategy (YES) and is funded by the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA). Canada’s YES provides Canadian youth with tools and experience they need to launch successful careers.
Cuso International’s IYIP placements are designed to offer young Canadian post-secondary graduates the opportunity to gain professional experience through international development work.
IYIP interns will contribute to international development efforts through our local partners focusing on youth employment and entrepreneurship, active citizenship and natural resources management.
The overall project capitalizes on the power of youth-to-youth interaction, enthusiasm and collaboration, with the overall objective of providing interns with meaningful international work experience, and a greater understanding of the complex development challenges faced in:
Who is eligible to be an IYIP intern?
To be eligible for the International Youth Internship Program, an intern must be:
- A Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- A post-secondary graduate—graduate of a degree or diploma program from a university, college, post-secondary school of technology, post-secondary institute or a CEGEP
- Out of school
- Between the ages of 19 and 30
- Unemployed or underemployed
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Have not previously participated in a government funded youth employment strategy (YES) program
More information: http://www.cusointernational.org/international-youth-internship-program